Friday, August 1, 2014

Gearing Up!

It's hard to believe that it's that time again, but with every trip to Target and/or Walmart it is very apparent that the start of school is just around the corner!  It's been a busy summer, so in some aspects going back to work will be a vacation from my vacation!

This year's going to be a change for me.  It is time to reinvent and to find some new professional passions.  I'm excited to be headed into an elementary library where I'm going to do my best to introduce K-5 students to the wonderful world of all things literacy. Books will be a big part of it, of course, but there's so much more.  Information literacy and media literacy needs to be a part, too.

So, as I sit here thinking about my "eating an elephant" metaphor I'm building my TO DO list.  There's a lot to learn, and a lot to do.  So, where to begin?  Where would you begin if you were starting a new job, in a new school and in a new role?  What would the top 5 must do's on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment